- Please be advised to:
- Continue medications ordered by your physician/provider (no medications will be given by the Sleep Lab staff)
- Bring all medications and respiratory equipment, if applicable
- If you are diabetic, bring insulin and a snack
- If you are taking sleeping pills, bring them with you and take as usual
- Eat dinner before coming to the Sleep lab as no food is available
- Do not consume large amounts of caffeine 8 hours before the sleep study
- Do not take a nap during the day of the sleep study.
- Sleep Lab closes promptly at 7am. All patients requiring transportation in the morning must arrange for pick-up before this time. Seating is provided in the lobby of the building for anyone requiring a later pick-up time.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building or during the sleep study.
- You must be accompanied by a family member/significant other (i.e. caregiver/nursing assistant/staff member of your nursing facility) who can stay with you during the study:
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are significantly disabled, physically or mentally
- If you need special assistance, for example – using the bathroom, changing urinals, overnight briefs, etc.
- Please ask your Sleep Technologist about any problems or concerns that you may have during your study. At your request, the technologist will consult with the Medical Director and/or Administrative Director for advice and directions.
IF YOU NEED TO RESCHEDULE OR CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT, IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU GIVE 24 HOURS NOTICE OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $100 FEE
Any questions, please call (413) 253-2767.